Open Call for Exhibition Proposals
Artists Equity is pleased to announce a year-round open call for exhibition proposals. We invite all artists, curators and collectives to submit proposals for solo exhibitions and group exhibitions for 2017. We are looking for critically-engaged projects that are well-conceptualized and well-researched. The review committee meets regularly and proposals are accepted on a rolling basis.
We ask that you include a $20 fee to offset the administrative costs associated with reviewing your application. This fee is waived for all Artists Equity members.
To submit a proposal:
1. Please complete the form below.
2. Please pay the review fee of $20 below or note in the form below that the fee has been waived because you are an Artists Equity member.
3. Please email a PDF of your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Open Call Submission" in the subject line.
1. There are no eligibility restrictions.
2. The proposal should be in a single PDF, which should not exceed 10MB.
3. Both supporting images and images of past work (including captions) can be submitted but are not required.
4. More information about the gallery space, including dimensions and basic equipment list, can be found here.
Artists Equity is a non-profit organization founded in 1947 by artists and art patrons with the mission to promote opportunities for artists. It operates Equity Gallery, an art space located on the Lower East Side of New York City. Equity Gallery is designed to be a fluid and flexible new model that is responsive to a range of artists’ needs. It simultaneously serves as a gallery for artists to exhibit and sell their work; a hub for professional workshops and innovative programming exploring critical issues of interest to artists and curators; and a gathering place for artists, curators and patrons.
If you have any questions, please email us directly at email@example.com and include "Open Call Questions" in the subject line.