Themed Open Calls
A Portrait of an Artist (open to ALL artists)
Deadline, July 31, Midnight
Portraits have always been more than just a historical record, they are used to show beauty, wealth, power and important qualities of the sitter. What better way to celebrate artists than to have other artists create their portraits as part of a group exhibition at Equity Gallery. In line with the mission of New York Artists Equity, "artists for artists", we ask that you create a portrait of an artist encompassing their important qualities. Criteria for submission:
- Portrait must be of a fine artist (contemporary or historical)
- All mediums and sizes accepted
- 3 images maximum submitted in the manner described below
- Each image must include the name of the subject of the portrait as well as a brief description as to why that artist was chosen (1 document with a description of all works is acceptable)
- Include a short bio 3 - 5 sentences
- All work must be for sale
- No self-portraits
- Work must have been created in the last 5 years
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Portrait Submission" in the subject line no later than midnight on July 31, 2018. Fee must be paid before submitting materials.
Although a selection of portraits will be chosen for the exhibition in the gallery, we will exhibit ALL submissions online.